ArcGIS API (Calendar year data) - Harmonised...
The National Freight Data Hub has made calendar year aggregated traffic counts from their Harmonised Traffic Counts dataset available via ArcGIS API at the above link.
For further information on how to access the data, please refer to the supporting User Guide documentation.
Please note the following limitations before accessing the data:
- Due to the nature of the source data, each of the temporal resolution tables have a different level of coverage. Calendar year data is only available for NSW, VIC, TAS and QLD.
- More granular data has been rolled up and presented in more high-level tables – i.e. the same data for NSW, VIC and TAS is available in all three (monthly, financial year and calendar year) tables.
- Observations from counters with more detailed vehicle classification breakdown are rolled up and also presented in more high-level aggregates – i.e. observations for a 12-bin classification system have also been rolled up and presented as 04-bin, 02-bin, and 01-bin counts. The 'counter_type' field in the data can be used to distinguish the sophistication of the traffic counter.
- The API is updated weekly with newly available counts from the NFDH database, however it should be noted that publication of new observations by data providers may lag by several months.
- Users should be aware that counts for a given station and counter can be re-published after their initial publication, to allow for error correction. The published data contain the most recent counts.
- Gaps may exist in the shorter timeseries observations as stations and counters may experience outages. Therefore, it is a possibility that some counts within a temporal window are missing.
- A station can have multiple traffic counters – please note that counter name is not unique across the board but is unique within station name/id
- Tasmania have changed their traffic counts provider, so NFDH are no longer receiving count data from Geocounts for Tasmanian stations. Work is underway to incorporate the new data provider to the NFDH data ingest process.
There are no views created for this resource yet.
|Data last updated
|19 June 2023
|19 June 2023
|No Licence Provided