Vehicle Median Speed for 2022
The above link will download a zip file containing three geoJSON files, each one contains geometries representing roads and an attribute that describes an aspect of congestion:
- 2022_vehicle_median_speed_hour.geojson - This is a measure of median vehicle speed for each hour of the day for particular road segments in 2022. Hours are given in 24 hour format from 0 to 23.
- 2022_vehicle_median_speed_day.geojson - This is a measure of median vehicle speed for each day of the week for particular road segments in 2022.
- 2022_vehicle_median_speed_month.geojson - This is a measure of median vehicle speed for each month of the year for particular road segments in 2022.
About the data:
- The methodology used to process the data is available in the BITRE github repository and on the National Freight Data Hub data catalogue:
- Freight vehicle congestion in Australia’s five major cities – 2019
- Freight vehicle congestion in Australia’s five major cities – 2020
- Road segments are OpenStreetMap data and are licensed under the Open Database 1.0 License.
- The data file called "australia-230101-free.shp.zip" was downloaded from this link. It is a snapshot of the OSM data taken in January 2023 and is the best representation of Australian roads as they were at the end of 2022.
- Only road types/segments of 'primary', 'primary_link', 'motorway', 'motorway_link', 'trunk' and 'trunk_link' are associated with congestion statistics and are included the geoJSON files.
There are no views created for this resource yet.
|Data last updated
|29 August 2023
|29 August 2023
|Creative Commons Attribution